Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oreo Flavor

So we are all aware of the racism incident that occurred last week on campus. But what we aren't aware of is why it happened. Initially, I may have been naive, but I almost thought that it had to have been a joke. I don't see anyone that goes to Witt and has the morals to know better, would throw some racist comment around like that. It could be a similar situation to when a girl calls her friend a slut. Even though (being her BFF) she may KNOW that said "slut" in question has only kissed two boys and still clutches her v-card to her chest, but the term "slut" is still used. So like I said, I initially thought that this may have just been a joke.
But then as more people started to talk about it, I learned that the persons whose door this was posted on was a brand new student. Then I fell victim to the bandwagon, and was simply shocked and upset.
I would just like to think that people in this day and age, especially at a place like Wittenberg, know better and are more mature than that. However, I can't say I'm that shocked... I am surprised every day with something new about Wittenberg...

No comments:

Post a Comment