Friday, February 18, 2011

Friend or Foe... Forever or For Now?

For my big story that I am working on through out this semester is a story based on college friendships. I am interested in looking at how your friendships evolve through out your time at Wittenberg. For instance, why you cling to certain people your freshman year, but by your senior year, you often dont even speak to them anymore. I want to look at factors that affect changing friendships, or forming new ones, such as rushing a sorority or fraternity, secret societies, or a sport you play. I am also going to look at why friendships end through college. Aspects related to this are changes in relationships, friends that steal your boyfriends, etc. Finally, I want to look at how friendships are maintained when you leave Wittenberg, and why you stay in touch with some people, and lose touch with others.

People that I am going to interview will vary in year (Freshman-Seniors), gender (both males and females), different sports teams (football, swimming, dance, etc), people in different sororities/fraternities, and even focusing on some post-grads to see how they were able to maintain friendships after witt.

Does anyone have any suggestions of certain people I can interview, perhaps that had a friendship falling out, or a drastic change in social groups? Let me know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment