Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wife

But really, hide everything. All your belongings, all your favorite things, and yourself. Because Wittenberg is not the safest place in the world.

Call me crazy, but I dont feel safe at night. I mean, I used to. Sort of. Until this weekend.

Saturday night my house was broken into. I live on College Ave. in a nice brick duplex. While I am surrounded by campus owned houses, mine is owned by a landlord.

The intruder spent ten minutes scrapping at my back door before finally busting through two separate panels, one of glass, the other of Plexiglas. And just like that, I had a fourth roommate.

An extremely unwanted and unaccepted roommate, that is.

This person, who is described as a girl with blonde hair and small fingers is thought to be a Wittenberg student. Witt police say that if it was a "townie" robber, they would have robbed us blind. Instead, they took a black northface jacket, and $25 cash. They left behind another northface, three coach purses, three laptops, two ipods, countless credit cards, a shitty tv (i dont blame them), and expensive ipod speakers.. to name the valuables.

How do I know it was a student you ask? Savannah was sleeping on my couch, and witnessed the entire thing.  However, the girl looked similar to one of my friends, who lives on the other side of my duplex, and is always over, so she assumed it was just her.

Who else would be rummaging around my house at five thirty in the morning on a saturday night (or sunday morning)?

Needless to say, I dont feel safe. I havent slept in days because every noise i hear  I assume is a blonde burglar left to rob the rest of my poor college-selfed things.

I wish Witt police would do their jobs, and actually find the criminal for once.

Until then, i sleep with a golf club next to my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment